Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Apricots and Doodles

I did some experimentation once again. The paper I used for the first painting is normal cheap drawing sheets which are quiet smooth and have no texture. I did not use any pencil because I thought it was unnecessary as I was just doing a trial on the paper. It took about 30 minutes to complete. Though this paper does not reflect as much light as a proper watercolor paper, I did quiet like the end result.

The photo for this came from a friend which she clicked at Ladakh.

I have also posted some doodles from my sketch book.



Title - Fresh Apricots
Size - 14 x 10 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper
Photo - Sudakshmina Mandal




13 comments:

_Frankb10 said...

I take it that the cardboard was coated, or you coated it first Prabal? In any case, the painting turned out quite well on it.
Love the sketches - so colourful and fresh.

Prabal said...

Frank,
I am sorry. I meant a drawing sheet actually. Thanks for pointing it out. I have changed it. And also thanks for your comment.

Sandra Busby said...

Super sketches Prabal! Such a valuable exercise - something I should do more often :0)

Liana Yarckin said...

I really like the second house sketch. This is how I want to paint.

Carol Blackburn said...

Hello Prabal, the drawing sheet held the watercolor well. You must have stretched it, no?

Crystal Cook said...

These are just simply beautiful Prabal! I love how loose and gestural they are. And you really have a great sense with color. :)

Prabal said...

Sandra,
Yes they are VALUEable excercises. :)

Liana,
Thats the best compliment I have got in a long time.

Prabal said...

Carol,
No I did not stretch it. I am too lazy to do strtching of paper. In fact I have never done it. But yes the paper buckled a bit, but not really much. I was not doing any wet on wet. So buckling was less.

Crystal,
Thanks for your compliment. I am glad that you enjoyed these.

davman said...

Preciosas acuarelas, muy personales, te felicito
Salud
dv

Anonymous said...

A very good blog and a excellent work !
your creations are wonderful, I congratulate you ! I'm follower with pleasure :)

Bye Mahon
redcat-albumart-som.blogspot.com

Prabal said...

Davman, Mahon,
Thank you for stopping by and leaving nice comments for me. It is appreciated.

dubai apartments said...

All of those are really nice paintings. I would like to be your student :)

Becky Joy said...

I like the simplicity and freshness of these pieces. Your lighting is wonderful.