Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2 quick ones

Title - Abandoned house on Backwaters
Size - 14 x 21 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper


Title - En plein air on Nitin's Balcony
Size - 11 x 15 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper


Continuing my backwater series I tried to paint this quicker than I normally do. The main reason being the weather. The other ones was done plein air from the balcony of a friend's house. That too was also done real quick as I was at his place for a very short time. I intend to get back there and paint with more time in my hands someday.

I actually completely forgot that I have been given 'Vearsatile blogger award' by Resham. Thanks Resham. There were lot of rules involved. I am only going to follow one rule. That is to pass it on to a new found blogger. The last inspiring blog that I had found was that of Anuradha's. So I pass it on to her.

13 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Both are lovely, Prabal. Great shadow-play.

Arti said...

Nice ..nice..nice!

V. Deshmukh said...

Nice work. I especially like the second painting. The feeling of distance is very much there.

Dipti said...

Both painting are beautiful.. great black water series!!!

Pat said...

They are beautiful, Prabal.
Love the water in the first - are you happy with that?
And the second - I can just feel the heat. Fabulous.

irinasztukowski said...

You showed light so well Prabal! Such pure colors :)
Thank you,
Irina

Prabal said...

Carol, Arti,
Thank you. Thank you..

Vinayak,
Second painting is the state of weather now a days. :)

Prabal said...

Dipti,
Great to know you are enjoying the series..

Pat,
A watercolorist's journey is that of a continual dissatisfaction. :)

Irina,
I am glad you liked it..

Sandra Busby said...

I like them both Prabal - but I find myself particularly drawn to the bottom one. I love the colour in the shadows :0)

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Like them both!

Sadia said...

Excellent Prabal! A treat for the eyes!

Prabal said...

Sandra,

The second one just shows how hot it is here. :)

Ramesh, Sadia,
Thank you for your comments.

BrandNewStudio said...

Beautiful
good creations:)