Thursday, April 5, 2012

Morning mood - III

The next of the series now. Very similar composition as the other two. But still it was very interesting to do the composition. Especially that of the left side of the painting. And of course the execution was tricky too.

Using human figures in foreground of a street painting is always a little adventerous. And I wanted to be adventerous :). The human figures had to be detailed enough to suggest some activity and contribute to the mood. And it had to be subtle enough so that light remains the hero of this painting. Hence the dark tree, human figures and the shadow area had to be kept as one big shape; To enhance the feeling of light in the center of the painting, while letting me have my thrill.

All said and done I think I am doing similar compositions right now. Need to break this I guess. Till then good morning, good afternoon, good evening and good night. :)

Title - Morning mood, Bangalore - III
Size - 22 x 15 inch
Medium - Watercolor on paper

9 comments:

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Brilliant man! Truely amazing! This is all so perfect. I love the tree!

Sandra Busby said...

Well you have absolutely mastered your art Prabal! The figures add life but they don't detract from the star of the show, which is that beautiful light and atmosphere you have managed to create! Fantastic :0D

Carol Blackburn said...

Simply amazing, Prabal....such wonderful feeling.

Studio at the Farm said...

Prabal, you did it beautifully! I enjoyed your analysis of the composition, too.

Jane said...

Wonderful perspective...a long, long road and a fantastic light!

hmuxo said...

Excellent watercolor, Prabal! Love it.

Crystal Cook said...

Prabal this is stellar work. I LOVE those mysterious figures in the foreground. You've painted them perfectly. What a moody piece. I loooooove it. :)))

Kim Vanlandingham said...

I just love your work! I really look forward to see what you've posted.

Prabal said...

Thank you so much everyone. News is that I am carrying a really bad eye infection right now. So not able to spend any time in front of the computer. I am missing out on checking your blogs too. But soon I'll be back. Til then take care everybody and have a great day.